Recent Grad Min – Redbull Cross Marketing

Meet Min ‘Minni’ Kim, a Lehigh Alum who is now working in Cross Marketing for Red Bull in CA. He chatted with CCPD to give us the scoop on his new position and unique job search.
“I help develop/execute programs, campaigns, and other national marketing strategies at Red Bull HQ based in Santa Monica, CA. One of my current focus areas is developing Red Bull Launchpad, a program designed to elevate collegiate entrepreneurs through competitions, partnerships, and other resources.

During his job search he carved his own path. “Instead of solely relying on companies that recruit at Lehigh, I opted to look at what entry level opportunities existed at companies/brands that I personally am passionate about. Red Bull has something called the Graduate Program, an entry level program for recent college grads to work full time at the organization for 12-18 months before moving to a new position within the organization.”

Since he was here in Bethlehem while applying for the position in California, his interview process was online and involved travel. “After submitting my application, I had to submit an online interview where I was asked various questions about my own professional background as well as my thoughts around successful brands and marketing strategies. I was flown to Red Bull HQ in Santa Monica for the final round, 2-day interview where I participated in a number of group activities and presented my case study about building a marketing campaign around certain consumption occasions. I received a call 2 days after flying back and the rest is history!”

P.S. He can be a resource for current students! “Red Bull has an internship program, they take recommendations from existing employees pretty seriously so let me know if you are interested in learning more!”