A Tofu Appreciation Post

Tofu is one of my favorite foods. It can be used in so many ways and is a great alternative to foods like meat and eggs. Tofu, like everything else on this blog, is chock full of health benefits. It takes some patience learning how to cook it, but once you get the hang of it this super food is deliciously worth it. In this blog post we’re going to explore some of my favorite ways to cook tofu and I will link some of my favorite recipes. Before I get into it though, keep in mind that tofu is made of soy beans. It is a great source of protein so a great alternative to meat and eggs for vegans/vegetarians/pescatarians etc. Tofu has calcium, manganese, copper, zinc, and vitamin B1. Vitamin B1 is great for preventing nervous system, brain, muscle, and heart complications. It helps with the flow of electrolytes in the body. Now, let’s get on to the recipes!

• Smitten Kitchen‘s Spring Vegetable Potstickers. Potstickers are one of my favorite foods. They are pretty intimidating to make, but once you get the hang of it these are so worth it. I love the crispiness and the pop of flavor in them. Everybody should try these!

• Rabbit and Wolves’  Crispy Korean BBQ Tofu: Korean BBQ is hard to take part in if you don’t eat meat, fish, or eggs. It is chock full of animal products, but what I’ve found is that you can easily swap tofu for all of the meats in these recipes. For example, Rabbit and Wolves one of my favorite vegan blogs makes this stunning Crispy Korean BBQ Tofu. It tastes better than meat and is easier on your digestive system. I love it, and I hope you do too!

• Bianca Zapatka‘s Sesame Tofu Rice Bowl: This last recipe is great for anyone who’s trying to fit as many healthy foods as possible into one meal. Swap the white rice for brown, or even quinoa! The avocados are a healthy fat, and the sauce is a sweet treat without compromising a diet if you’re on one. I love this for a big lunch, you can even take it to work!

What are some of your favorite recipes? Do you like tofu? Would you ever try it if you haven’t already?