March 10 2019

Digital Design Log #7

The ASSURE model- third stage “S” is to select strategies, technologies, media and materials.  This is when the instructor should connect the audience to the objectives. Exploring multimedia development in alignment with the ASSURE model can definitely help increase engagement and interest in the classroom.  I think this week’s activity aligned well with this stage of the model because developing and incorporating multimedia into your lesson can support the instructor. I explored Adobe Spark to create a video this week and it was pretty easy to use. This was my first time using Adobe Spark and I thought it would be a good idea to become familiar with something new. I can definitely see why others use it a lot to create logos, videos, pages, etc. Adobe Spark allowed me to use audio, videos and pictures to tell a story which is what I did to deliver the information. Although the delivery of information was mostly instructor-centered, I believe the activity that the learners can do as a result of the video is more hands-on and student-centered. I’m glad I got the chance to try something totally different and discover a new tool that I can use in the future!

Posted March 10, 2019 by jeb717 in category Uncategorized