LVSIF Blog post 5

Ten things that make me feel human are eating, sleeping, learning, loving, thinking, feeling, working, relaxing, talking and expressing myself.

I feel like I should engage with my audience for many reasons. One of the main reasons is to educate people about higher education.  I also want to educate people about the reasons why people don’t go to higher education.

I will engage with my audience with interesting questions and try to get the most useful information from them.  I will engage with my readers with interest information and results drawn from my data.

I must engage with the people I interview and my readers alike.

The challenges I care about is how to connect and make my readers feel comfortable with me.   If they aren’t comfortable with you as a person, they won’t want to tell you sensitive information.  I also have to overcome to challenges of time management.  People’s schedules can be hectic and there may be complications to set up interviews.  The opportunities that I should care about is the opportunities to diversify my sample of students.  People tend to gravitate towards similar people so I will take opportunities in my life to meet new people.  The new people I meet I will try to incorporate them into my research.  I should take a gentle approach and not force the person to be uncomfortable.  When the person is uncomfortable it will be difficult to obtain the correct information.

My epitaph might read

“As I dream of a better world

What does that actually mean?

Mean what it shall, makes no difference to me.

As I continue to doubt everything I see.

Whatever that means.”

Please don’t read too much into it. I just see big laws protecting the environment being enacted but I’m still seeing the effects of climate change.

One thought on “LVSIF Blog post 5

1. Good work. Since you are approaching engagement mostly as a researcher and educator this shapes your philosophy of engagement to be focused on obtaining the best information and presenting it in a way that will reach people. It’s good that these specific activities or strategies are matched to your overall goal of engagement.