Parklets are low-cost, high-impact neighborhood improvements. If you like what you see on Broad Street and imagine a parklet could improve another Lehigh Valley city block, there are a number of things you can do right now to help make that vision a reality. Get started below:
Where would you place a parklet in the Lehigh Valley?
Placement is key to developing a vibrant public parklet, and we want to hear what you think about where the next Lehigh Valley parklet should go. Below, you can preview current parklet placement, past placement. You can even add your own suggestions to the map below by following these directions:
- Click “View Larger Map” icon in the top right corner.
- Click “Edit” on the left-hand menu.
- Navigate the map until you locate where you want to place a suggestion.
- Click “Add Marker” (located below the search bar on top of map).
- Give the marker a name and describe why this would be a good location.
- Click “Save” and you’re done. Future visitors will now see your suggestion.
Request a Parklet
One of the best ways for your parklet to become a reality is to talk to your city officials. If you are a Lehigh Valley resident, use the form below to contact the Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton city planning committees about your desire to see more Parklets in your community. If you are from a surrounding township, please use the message below as a starting point to send an email to your own local representatives and planning committees.
Design a Parklet
Feeling Creative? Let your imagination run wild. Many parklets are designed by concerned citizens who simply feel like something needs to change. Print the template below and draw your ideal parklet (fun for kids and adults alike). Once you’re finished, share your design with us on Instagram or Facebook. Don’t forget to tag it (#parklet).