Choosing friends when you are abroad(away from home)

We all know how important it is to have people who make you happy. And we call them friends. Friends become especially important when you are away from your family.

We all have heard this “a friend in need is a friend indeed”, but do we adopt it? A few people, yes. Not so sure about the others. It is very natural to have fights with friends because you may have different opinions and views. What is uncommon is to understand each others’ feelings when those fights happen.

Running away or falling apart, i.e., breaking friendships with misunderstanding is common. And in such cases, there is always one person who is not ready to put effort. Therefore, the trick to not be in such a situation is to identify these people who in the future will never agree to listen to your side and not be friends with them.

From my experience in the USA, I have experienced such a fallout by two friends, one being of the same nationality and the other being from a different country. Both of these people just refused to listen and talk it out. The person from a different nation still maintained dignity and did not cause any harm, just broke ties. The other person who was from the same country made a scenario that feels similar to being kicked out of your own house.

Here is the catch, we never make any official agreement with friends for example when we go out for dinner, movies, trips, etc., we think its mutual understanding that friends will pay his/her expense. In my case, it was the house.

I had heard in movies/series (e.g., social network) do not have business deals with friends. At least not with this type of friends who are going to be the opposite of “a friend in need is a friend indeed”. I feel that it is correct to avoid any fallouts.

Please choose friends wisely or just do not get in business without an official contract!