- Summarize and report out on the results of the SKS exercise.
Our group has done an excellent job when it comes to assigning roles and should keep doing this. Our jobs are based on current project needs and what people have expressed interest in pursuing and/or are strong in. Everyone has been happy and interested in the work they are doing individually but when we need to collaborate, our communication has faltered. We need to start communicating directly in more explicit terms and stop being so passive. Part of that requires us to be open to constructive criticism and constantly be willing to improve. Our goal is to lower the maternal mortality rate and improve millions of people’s lives, so we must check our egos at the door. Being able to listen to your teammates is just as important as being able to speak up.
Communicating Better/Listening to each other
Pushing Each other
Making sure everyone is happy/fulfilled by the work they are doing
- Develop a detailed Collaboration Plan for your team clearly articulating your Goals (Small g and Big G), Roles,Procedures, and Relationships.
|Team Name: Ukweli Test Strips|
|Procedures||Decision Making – depends on decision- mainly majority rules and consensus
· Effective Meetings – Focus on key, timely decisions together vs. status/update (offline)
· Meeting roles: everyone does everything no formal roles for each person
· Communication – FTF: weekly meeting on Sundays via zoom / Google Docs, meet as group with Khanjan on Tuesday evenings, respond within 24 hours