- Summarize and report out on the results of the SKS exercise.
- Working more hands on with each other, we were planning on working together to begin prototyping processing techniques (may be unrealistic now given new developments)
- Keep in better contact with UPD team and other resources on and off campus we can utilize (Maybe assign a communications role to someone)
- Be more specific in our research efforts (devote our efforts to a common idea)
- Communicating with each other
- Weekly debriefs (notes and agendas really help)
- Focusing our research efforts on copra processing
- Keep bringing positive energy
- Stay on top of things as much as possible
- Stop researching for the sake of researching, all focus on one pathway, or maybe even like evaluating what we need, what we have, and therefore what pathway we need to go towards
- In-person meeting → Need to set up a virtual meeting that works for all of us. Make sure everyone is motivated and feels supportive too.
- Getting snacks for each other when we’re late bc it’s “hard” to know who’s late. Instead, Ami sometimes brings snacks for all us, which is appreciated :)), but now with this remote environment, snacks are going to be less accessible
2. Develop a detailed Collaboration Plan for your team clearly articulating your Goals (Small g and Big G), Roles,Procedures, and Relationships.
|Team Name: COPDRY Date: 03/20/2020|
Make as much useful contribution as possible, positively influence the group, create strong relationships, Improve my
group work skills, research ability, and engineering mindset. Then I hope to use all these personal improvements to make a
social impact that matters.
Become a well-rounded researcher who can advance the knowledge of humanity and at the same time apply my knowledge and experience to make a social impact.
Build life-long friendship with peers at Lehigh and those in the Philippines
Learn how to conduct meaningful, professional research that will help move our project forward. Help to develop a solution that encompasses all aspects of the problem at hand. Improve how I conduct myself in a professional setting (including public speaking and presenting in front of large audiences). Practice and improve designing and engineering skills and build and expand my professional network.
Gain experience in conducting meaningful research and working on an interdisciplinary team. Make valuable contributions to move the project forward and create sustainable impact. Improve my interpersonal skills and develop a new mindset
Contribute to the project in a meaningful way, understanding my own strengths and weaknesses , and learning how I can efficiently and effectively work within a diverse team. Help to better enforce communications within the team and outside the team, and become a better researcher and writer. Improve my own hard and soft skill sets including communications, and better understanding design thinking, engineering design, and supply chain.
The project aims to improve copra processing and process streamlining for elevating the livelihoods of copra farmers by generating additional income.
Is our Project Goal scaled to our resources (dreams, materials, skills, differences, etc.) and constraints (assignment, time, skills, etc.)?
As a team, we have the given resources and knowledge needed to design and prototype a device that can better process copra. Unfortunately, due to given circumstances, our access to both each other and the tools required are constraining the timetable for which this project will operate on.
Since COPRA is a multi-year project, we as a team will lay up a strong foundation so that we can transfer the knowledge to other teams. The hope is that future teams will be able to scale upon the ideas and designs we come up with throughout this year.
Metrics for Success
|Roles||Who is responsible for which deliverables?
Which deliverables that require collaboration, subgroups & individual work? Who does each person depend upon to succeed?
Do we need a project manager to coordinate?
Listening – As team we enter group meetings with an open mindset and are ready listen to each other
Team Name– Copdry / Copra Processing