9/28 – Interactive Multimedia-Based E-Learning: A Study of Effectiveness – Talia Feinberg

In this research experiment, there are three groups with different controls, with the goal of showing that highly interactive online learning is more effective and brings more satisfaction than less interactive e-learning and even traditional classrooms as well. Each group was assigned to a different system (whether it was the very interactive system, moderately interactive system, or a traditional classroom). There were measures taken that determined their success and satisfaction with each of the systems. 

I found the researcher’s hypothesis (stating that more interactive e learning systems are more effective and bring higher satisfaction) surprising at first. After being on Zoom for a year, I found that traditional classrooms are far more effective than online classrooms. However, eventually they explained why they thought this and it did make sense – in person, the classroom is instructor centered while online it is student centered. Students are more likely to inquire about things they are unclear about online and are able to rewind if they missed some instruction. I wonder if information like this will have bearings on online learning in the future.

One thought on “9/28 – Interactive Multimedia-Based E-Learning: A Study of Effectiveness – Talia Feinberg

1. The student centered perspective is interesting because one thing I’ve noticed is that after a year of zoom, I feel like I know who my classmates are a bit more. For example, in my computer science classes not many people talk because it is usually just a lecture with little interaction with students, so I dont really know the names of any of my classmates or what they’re like; however, on zoom their name is always staring back at me so when I see them on linkedin, or some other platform, I can think to myself, “oh, that person was in my AI class”.