Introduction

My name is Grace Dillon and I am so excited about taking this English 011 course. One thing to know about me is that I love animals and spending time with my dog. She is a chocolate lab named Annie and its hard being away from her. I love to take her on walks and play with her.I also love to travel and one of my favorite trips was going to Senegal, Africa. I went on a service trip with my school and it was the most eye opening experience of my life. I spent four years in this club raising money to open a school there and when I arrived we were able to open up the learning center. The look on these children’s faces to finally have an education reminded me to never take for granted the resources I have. I forward to this English class because although I get scared super easily, I love the horror genre. Im not as familiar with it as other genres which makes me even more excited to explore it. I think this class will be super interesting and I also hope to become a better essay writer out of it. I also didn’t read as much as I hoped this summer so I look forward to getting back into it. All of the books I’ve ordered for this class seem super enticing and I look forward to reading them. I have all the resources to becoming a great writer and I want to use them to my advantage and try my hardest.