My Taste Is Trash

Rambling thoughts of an average anime watcher and manga reader

‘Attack on Titan’ Final Season Part 3 – Why?

Attack on Titan Final Season Part 2’s final episode aired a couple days ago (4/3/2022) and I and a majority of the fanbase assumed it would be the end or close to the end with possibly a movie to finally finish the series.   That same day though, Attack on Titan Final Season Part 3 was announced. 

twitter post

Announcement from official attack on titan twitter account that Attack on Titan Final Season Part 3 comes out in 2023

There’s only 9 chapters left in the manga, I haven’t read the manga but from conversations with others who have, there’s no way they can pull an entire season out of those chapters.  While I’m glad the series that was my first anime isn’t ending for good quite yet, I really don’t want such a strong series to end on a bad note where they draw it out or change the ending to please fans.  The manga had a somewhat controversial ending, fans creating their own called Attack on Titan Requiem, but the overall consensus seemed to be that it was a solid ending, just not exactly what the fans wanted. 

site photo

Official website for Attack on Titan Requiem

For MAPPA to go with the fans’ end or try to make their own version seems like a good amount of disrespect to the mangaka Isayama and setting themselves up for a ton of criticism especially if they try to make their own ending.  Really I’m just scared this is going to be The Promised Neverland Season 2 and I just really don’t want that for the series.  The show has been so strong and MAPPA staff always looks tired and overworked, having their masterpiece get torn to shreds just because they wanted to try to make the fans happy would suck.

mappa director

Director from MAPPA with heavy eye bags assumed to be from over work

Also this is no disrespect or criticism of Attack on Titan Requiem.  They’re completely justified to make their own ending and that’s completely ok.  I just feel  MAPPA sticking with the source material and staying safe would be the optimal decision; however, I’m just a kid in their bedroom typing out random opinions so I could very easily be wrong.  Regardless of what MAPPA decides to do, I do hope this third part to the final season works out and ends Attack on Titan on good note so that its look back on as a classic and masterpiece.  

Sooo yeah,

Grace

Previous Post