This overview provides background on the celebration and how to talk about it.
“Share Your Project” Form
Use this form to share your project. A project can be an existing event or program you want to tie to the celebration, or a new endeavor. The Soaring Together team can help provide direction, create awareness, support alumni engagement, and connect you with others who might have similar projects so you can coordinate your efforts.
Alumni Engagement Support
Be sure to involve Alumni Relations if you are engaging alumni. You can indicate this on your project submission, or contact Lindsay Drake with questions and ideas. Alumni Relations can help you get up-to-date lists and information and ensure outreach goes smoothly.
University Calendar and Event Promotion
Add your project to the University Events Calendar and use the words “Soaring Together” in the title or description. This will automatically allow your event to appear on all Lehigh calendars and in the daily announcements.
Using a consistent message and visual brand will tie your event or project to the university celebration and help create a unified celebration,
- Use the mark in conjunction with a Lehigh or your unit-specific logo and incorporate it, according to the guidelines, to flyers, signs, t-shirts, ads, and other promotional materials.
|brown on white background|
|brown without background|
|white without background|
Logos with Tagline – Zipped Files
Here are some examples of the kind of language you can use to associate your event, project, story, or other content with the celebration:
- We are pleased to feature [person or event name] as part of Soaring Together, a celebration recognizing the accomplishments of Lehigh women and the impact of 50 years of coeducation.
- We are pleased to feature [XXX] during Soaring Together: A Celebration of Lehigh Women and 50 Years of Coeducation at Lehigh.
- We are pleased to feature [XXXXX] as the university marks 50 years of coeducation with Soaring Together, a celebration of the accomplishments and impact of Lehigh women.
- This event/project is part of Soaring Together: A Celebration of Lehigh Women.
- For use in an editorial story/profile: Lehigh recognizes the leadership and accomplishments of Lehigh women [like XXX] and the impact of coeducation through Soaring Together, a celebration marking 50 years since the admission of undergraduate women. Read more at lehigh.edu/soaringtogether.
Special Collections has created a Library Guide for its collected resources on coeducation. Visit their page to find articles, archives, videos, timelines, and more. For additional assistance, please email Special Collections.
Connect your event or project to the celebration on social using the hashtags #LUSoaringTogether and #LehighWomen.
If you would like to suggest an outstanding Lehigh woman to profile or have a great story to share about coeducation at Lehigh, submit your story to the editorial team. If you plan to profile an alumna, please contact Lindsay Drake in Alumni Relations before reaching out. This will help ensure you have the latest contact information and avoid duplicate efforts and contact.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or more information or support.