Hey, folks!

My name is Jimmy Hamill, and I’m a second year doctoral student in the Literature and Social Justice Program housed in Lehigh University’s English Department. I received my B.A. in English from Saint Joseph’s University in 2012 and my M.A. in Literature from Lehigh University in 2015. I currently serve as the Graduate Assistant for Lehigh University’s Pride Center, which is a space dedicated to programming, education, and advocacy for LGBTQIA+ students, staff, faculty, and allies. I also teach composition in Lehigh’s First-Year Writing Program and tutor in their Writing and Math Center.

When my scholar hat is off, I love traveling to new cities, game nights, not-so-shamefully catching up on my favorite reality competition shows, devouring podcasts, and working on my drag persona (a.k.a. Mary Magdelish).

I’m thrilled to use this blog as a chance to cement my identity as a scholar-activist and create intentional bonds between my personal and professional lives. Thanks so much for joining me on this journey!