In reviewing the year end accomplishments, I wanted to provide a short list of the many impactful accomplishments for Technology Infrastructure and Operations team.
- Completed campus-wide phone migration to VoIP. 5,000+ end points migrated or decommissioned, new carrier, and e911 system upgrade
- Upgraded Next Generation Firewalls, edge routers, wireless APs, and various building switches
- Completed Residential Student Housing Wireless project. Wireless APs located in every student bedroom and common areas
- Developed Lehigh University Cyberinfrastructure Plan 2019-2024
- Started the Ellucian Banner to the cloud migration
- Systems engineering team completed the majority of Windows 2008 migrations in the data center and is expected to be completed before Jan 14th
- Deployed Duo Two-factor Authentication to all faculty and staff
- Improved communications and collaborating through Jira and Slack
- Continue to modernize and secure the Cyberinfrastructure through HA Proxy, ELK, Drupal, replication to AWS and disaster recovery location, open source tools, streamline processes, and continual skills development
- Started Data Center Cooling Expansion Project
- Conferences attended includes Cisco Live 2019, BICSI, NERCOMP 2019 (2 presentations presented), Internet2 Global Summit, KINBERCON 2019, Aruba Atmosphere, Atlassian Day, Google Tech Talks, VMworld 2019, LISA 2019, and Cloud Forum 2019
Kudos to all team members and other those that helped to contribute to the success of LTS and Lehigh.