LVSIF Blog 4

Based on your life experience, skills and interests I feel like my design process has to be data-driven.
I personally believe data is beautiful.
I want to quantify data that usually isn’t quantifiable. In an ideal world, I would mix ethnography with the scientific method but currently, I’m having trouble figuring it out. I would design an ethnographic response with a good analysis of data. Plus, some graphs that my derive meaning.
There are more than three stakeholders in my study. I feel whoever reads my work is a stakeholder. In this case, I’ll group all readers as one group. The five unique attributes of the readers that they must be interested in the content, be motivated to learn, must want benefit from the knowledge, must value learning and want to benefit their own life by learning more. The second main stakeholder is me. The categories of my five unique attributes of myself are my demographics, socioeconomics and geographic. These are the attributes that are ranked from most important to least important: ethnicity, income, social class, age, and education level. The other attributes that were not specifically mentioned do matter but have much less of an impact on my project. The last main stakeholder is the people that I am interviewing. Most of the descriptor variables apply but very indirectly. These are the attributes that are ranked from most important to least important: personality traits, attitude, interests, values, and lifestyle.
I will validate my project through small scale experiments that emulate the project. I will use my social connections to gather people that are willing to participate in the project. I will also use the internet to gather useful information about my project and to find similar studies. This will allow me to successfully and efficiently complete my project. Since there is nothing physical coming from the project; the paper will be the use of the project. The goal of the project is to educate people.
An example of something interesting that I learned from a friend is that in Europe many people write the date as day-month-year.
Another example of something interesting that I learned from a friend is that tipping a waiter is only common in America.
The last example of something interesting that I learned from a friend is that the work culture in the USA is much different than around the world. In the united states, everyone is working a lot more with fewer breaks.

One thought on “LVSIF Blog 4

1. Good work. A few things to consider elaborating on – how will the attributes of your stakeholders impact your work? In your small scale experiments to validate, what types of findings would validate and which would not?