M&E plan our project:
- That Ebola will strike west Africa sometime soon. A very disturbing assumption to be having to make.
- That we will be able to get data based on Ebola from WHO and the Ministry of health
- That we will actually fill out these reports that I said we would make and present them
- That the data we will be using is actually right and not false data
- That we will be able to make a model that will accurately predict where Ebola will strike
- That having the government use its resources more accurately will decrease the death rate from Ebola.
- That we will be able to decrease the death rate by 10%
- Sort of assumption is the education regarding behaviors that increase risk, will be able to quantify through the use of survey
- Our survey will work
Estimate the Social Return on Investment for your project. [Clearly, list all your assumptions.]
- If the government doesn’t have to spread itself thin preparing resources across Sierra Leone, that if we can tell them that they need fewer resources in that area that they will actually do that.
- That the average cost to treat an Ebola patient is around 600 USD if they die with treatment and disposal of the body. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4445295/)
- Approx 5000 confirmed cases in SL
- Our product will be able to reduce death rates by 10%
- Rest are listed in the Excel sheet
- Important to note that the cost of a caring for a patent is relevant because its the SROI, so this SROI is dependent on the cost of caring for dead and sick patients with Ebola
- The model I have below infers that if we improve the death rate, the people who don’t die don’t get sick. In other words, our model would prevent those from dying to be able to help the government from even getting Ebola.
Through the use of our model, for every 1 USD, we create a saving of 30 USD. [Rounded to the nearest dollar. The real number is closer to 30.25 USD].
A 3000% return on the investment.