A Quick Blog post

• List ten non-obvious assumptions about your target customers (or organizations) that you need to validate.
    • Community Health Workers who serve in a specific catchment area all report to the clinic in that catchment area
    • Community Health Workers all have some sort of disposable income or capital to afford a test strip bottle (100 strips vs 50 strips)
    • Community Health Workers will provide some sort of documentation to a pregnant mother if her pregnancy is high risk (preeclampsia)
    • Peripheral Health Units have the capabilities to treat/manage births that are high risk
    • Community Health Clinics with the 12 parameter strips will not purchase our test strips because they do not need them.
    • Community Health Workers listen to the radio.
    • Peripheral Health Units are willing to have partnerships with Ukweli Test Strips via World Hope International
    • Community Health Workers are willing to work with our employee.
    • Peripheral Health Units document cases of UTIs and Pre-eclampsia accurately.
    • Peer Supervisors are willing to pay for a test strip bottle
    • Community Health Workers document the health status of the community members they serve and follow up.
  • List ten hypotheses about your project that you need to test during fieldwork.
    • If Mother Support Groups are given sensitization protocols for UTIs and Preeclampsia they will generate demand for Ukweli
    • Given proper instructions and training, Community health workers will be able to pass the certification test to use our test strips
    • Given that we have 100 strips in the bottle instead of 50, CHWs will still purchase bottles.
    • If Ukweli becomes steady state, World Hope would adopt this venture.
    • Marketing protocol for our various stakeholders vary by season and time of day
    • If we introduce our bottles as is, CHWs will know how to properly maintain the quality of the test.
    • If strips are quickly submerged in a urine stream, they will still read an accurate result.
    • Test strips with both the UTI and Preeclampsia assays will deteriorate at similar rates under similar conditions.
    • Word of mouth advertising will be much more effective than any other form of advertising.
    • If all aspects of the operation are designed before we travel, once we leave Sierra Leone Ukweli will be able to operate on its own.
  • What do you think you bring to your team? How has your perception of your own strengths and weaknesses changed over the course of the class? Please be specific
    • Best Strength I bring to Ukweli: I have a background in Engineering and Arts and Sciences. I ride the line between technical interpretation and critical thinking.  This allows me to be flexible and receptive to members, key players, and stakeholders in this venture.  I use this strength to challenge and encourage my team to push themselves. This has changed throughout the semester because I have grown in confidence and have become more of an outspoken member of my team