Welcome back! Possibilities abound in Spring 2022

New year, new plans, new beginnings–those are the themes of the spring semester. Some will graduate this semester, some will interview for internships, and all of us will find new possibilities to pursue right here at Lehigh. Our first article of the 2022 is dedicated to our plans, hopes, and dreams for the semester ahead. RCBC Communication Consultants each wrote a response to this question: What are you most excited about in the semester ahead?

Grace Kwon (Finance, ’23)

In the semester ahead, I am most excited about getting a fresh start. After winter break (a month of de-stressing, relaxing, and getting more hours of sleep), I believe that I will have a fresher, ready-to-go mindset for the next semester. I am especially excited for my new classes, professors, and classmates, as I look forward to meeting new people every semester. For next spring, in particular, I will be taking two finance classes, which will allow me to gain more knowledge in the finance field and learn more about what finance has to offer. Learning about new topics has always excited me, so I am particularly looking forward to taking these two classes along with my other courses this upcoming spring.

Julia Mancuso (Finance, ’24)

After a refreshing and recharging winter break, I am excited to begin taking some of my first major-related classes. As a Finance major, I am interested in learning more about the real world global finance perspective. In addition to my excitement for my classes next semester, I also look forward to getting more involved with a new campus organization that aligns with my interests!

Ross Bell (Management Consulting, ’23)

The way businesses are run–and the way we live our lives–changed in 2021. As we continue to turn the corner on the pandemic, I am eager to observe our new, post-pandemic world. Will business travel become obsolete? Will employees continue to quit their jobs in record-breaking droves? How will the recruitment of talent change now that locations have become irrelevant? Next semester, I am looking forward to answering all of these important questions and how our world continues to change.

Xinyi Cui (Accounting and BIS, ’22)

When I think about the next semester, my brain is filled with graduation. I can never believe how fast time passes. To a certain extent, I am excited because my life will move into a new stage, which I have never experienced before. But I am also hesitant and afraid since there are so many uncertainties. Professional life will be very different from college, so how should I better prepare for this transition? In Spring 2022 I hope I can figure out the answer while having a less tight schedule, which will enable me to take a breath before starting my job.

What are you looking forward to?

We invite you to reflect on your aspirations for the spring semester. Writing down your plans, goals, and hopes is the first step to making them a reality! The second step is to share them with others. When we communicate to others about what we desire for our lives, we gain two things: support from those who care about us and resolve within ourselves. Try it!

Get information and resources about our center at The Philip Rauch Center for Business Communication.