List the top 20 questions your team needs to answer to advance the venture forward.
- What are we impacting?
- How are we impacting?
- Where/why are we impacting?
- What makes copra so important?
- How many lives can we impact?
- How will our work have an impact outside of the Philippines?
- What are the different ways we can have an impact?
- How do we make our impact sustainable?
- How do we quantify impact?
- Can we generate a negative impact as well?
- Will the people in the Philippines be open to our ideas?
- What will be the obstacles that prevent us from making an impact?
- How long until we are able to deliver impact?
- How will we adopt their cultural habits?
- What are people doing to create an impact now?
- Who are these people?
- How personal is the process to them?
- How do we adjust our solution to their culture?
- How can we make people happy?
- How can we improve ourselves through this project?
Develop and Visualize the Theory of Change (Logic Model) for your venture.
Inputs: Activities: Outputs:
– money – research – consistency in copra quality (and higher quality)
– time – prototyping – reduced copra waste
– knowledge – designing – maximized use of the whole coconut
– expertise – networking – increased nutritional value in copra
– materials – visit farms – value-added products from coconut
– equipment – educate – (down the road) social venture focused on
– partners – propose ideas introducing and implementing sustainable,
state-of-the-art copra processing methods to
– knowledge and awareness of current drying processes and their shortcomings
– reduced the popular use of sun-drying and smoke-drying methods
– elevate the livelihoods and increase income for copra farmers
– benefit the economy and communities in the Philippines
– sustainability and positive environmental impact