About Me

I am an aspiring chemical engineer with a background in applied inorganic chemistry and programming (Python, R, Visual Basic, MATLAB, HTML, and Ruby), interested in designing novel catalysts especially for processes involving natural gas conversion, waste water treatment, carbon capture, and energy storage / generation.

My current project (Dr. Jonas Baltrusaitis’ research group, Lehigh University) focuses on designing, analyzing and modeling (DFT) tri-metal oxide catalysts via ex-situ, in-situ and Operando spectroscopic techniques for applications in industrial scale oxidative coupling of methane (OCM).

My undergraduate research experience (Dr. Yuye Tong’s research group, Georgetown University ) was primarily geared towards synthesis and electrochemical analysis of platinum-coated gold nano-particles for the catalysis of methanol oxidation reaction in direct methanol fuel cells.

Outside the classroom, I am an avid reader (psychology, history, philosophy), a self-taught painter, and an occasional photographer. Word is that I dabble in squash too.