Katerina Bazarko’s Blog Post #5: Week ending 6/24/2023

This week in class we discussed and debated the case study involving Apple and its suppliers. It was interesting to debate with classmates over certain questions pertaining to the case such as should Apple be allowed to apply different ethical rights to employees in different countries? In general, when a large corporation goes global, they outsource their labor to other countries in which they can pay less for their supplies than they would in the United States. Although they are producing their product cheaper, real human lives are being impacted by the potential hazardous conditions and low pay. I think that the ethical conditions are wrong; however, I do not believe it is necessarily Apple’s responsibility to control what goes on in other companies. 

At Gen-USA this week I worked with 2 other interns to find personal contact information for potential sales engineer hires for the company Zanasi. After finding candidates’ contact information, I was tasked with creating a template LinkedIn message and a template Twitter message. The template messages that I created are to be sent to inform candidates of Zanasi’s interest in them for the sales engineer role and also explain what the role entails. It was fun to be on the other end of the recruitment process reaching out to people about a job as my only experience has been on the other side of this process – as an applicant. Continue to enjoy my time at the office and can’t wait for the next 2 weeks!

Today a group of us woke up and traveled to the Milano Centrale train station to catch our 9:25 AM train to Lake Garda. We were super excited to spend a day swimming and relaxing by the lake, but this plan was completely crushed. When we arrived at Centrale, we quickly found out that the train workers were on strike and therefore our train was canceled. We decided to find a yummy brunch spot and head back to Aparto where we tanned and listened to music outside. Tomorrow I leave for Rapallo beach where I will be enjoying a girls trip! I am super excited to escape the scorching heat in the city and swim and explore a new beach town!!

Delicious brunch in Milan post Lake Garda train cancellation
Fellow Gen-USA interns and I!