Will Ironside’s Blog Post #6: Week Ending July 1st, 2023

This week, we did not meet in person for our corporate social responsibility course, however, we were still very busy with work for the class this week. On Monday, we watched the Film “Erin Brockovich” on our own time, which was about a water pollution court case. I enjoyed watching the film and I thought that it related strongly to our class. Then on Wednesday, Professor Gupta canceled class so that we could work on our final presentations for his class, which are due next week. My group of myself, Dane, and Sam Haft, is almost finished with the paper and we have begun making the presentation slides. Next week in class we will be presenting our slides and will have a short Q&A after each group’s presentation.

This week for my internship, Sachi and I went to the office on Tuesday and worked remotely the rest of the days. Our boss was back from his business trip and he said he had a great time. On Monday, we continued working on TikTok videos, mostly editing them. Then, on Tuesday, in the office, we created a TikTok page for the South Garage bistro and finally posted our first TikToks! We posted one on the main South Garage account that introduced the South Garage boutique and what it has to offer, and we posted one on the bistro account that showcased the chef making their octopus dish. The rest of the week, we posted a few more TikToks and continued filming/editing other ones. Sachi and I were also assigned a presentation where we look at and analyze what other boutiques are doing on TikTok successfully, and made a presentation showing our findings, which we will present next week.

My traveling this week was again mostly on the weekends. My main traveling took place from Saturday to Monday when Dane and I went to Catania, Sicily. We arrived in Sicily Saturday morning and were able to explore the city of Catania before meeting my girlfriend Ana and her friend Nicole for dinner. We got seafood for dinner and it was very tasty! On Sunday, we took a walk to the beach, however, it was slightly underwhelming so we did not stay for long. We then were able to eat more food and explore the city some more before our second night of dinner where Dane and I got more seafood. The seafood in Sicily was great since it is fresh from the ocean. We left Sicily on Monday morning and came back to Milan. The rest of the week I did not do any traveling except for going out for a few dinners, I was particularly busy this week since we had 2 presentations and papers to work on.

A view of Castello Ursino, a castle in Catania, Sicily that has an art gallery inside
A view of the front of the church in Catania, Sicily
My Sea Urchin Pasta dinner on Sunday night at SVRGO, in Catania, Sicily