Jonathan Osika’s Blog Post #6: Week ending 7/01/2023

Jonathan Osika

As we get closer and closer to the end of our stay here in Milan, I am reminded of the many great memories I’ve formed here through travel. This week we had our final weekend trip of the term in Florence. 22 of our group of 25 spent the weekend in a villa just outside of Florence as our last hurrah before heading home. Being in the remote hills of Tuscany together had both relaxing and exhilarating moments. I was happy to cook a few meals for the group which was a good way to feel productive in the midst of such a relaxing weekend. My favorite component was surely the fact that we everyone was so clearly having a great time. A lot of planning and collaboration went into our travel so ending it with a bang felt very fitting.

During our classes this week, we were given lots of work to be done outside of class with less in-person classes. On Monday, we were tasked with watching the movie “Erin Brockovich” followed by a sheet of questions about the movie. I found the movie very interesting and especially captivating since it was based on a true story. Movies like that make you wonder how accurate the Hollywood version is to the real events. Wednesday’s class time was meant to be spent working on our final papers. Sam Rosen, Neave Murray, and I have been working on a research paper regarding big pharma price gouging for life saving drugs. In just a few days we will be presenting on our topic to the rest of class, so the three of us will be preparing diligently.

At work this week Dane and I continued our work on our new project, reviewing customer comments for Tempocasa as well as their closest competitors in Italy. From what we can tell, customers appear to love Tempocasa much more than their alternatives! Not only does Tempocasa have more reviews than their competitors, they have staggeringly higher rankings. Dane and I will be concisely compiling this information for our bosses for next week. In other news at work, one of our coworkers, Jessica, decided to resign last week. After speaking with her and the rest of the office about it, it appears to be better for everyone and Jessica is very excited to move on. I hadn’t talked with her much during the time she was there, but she was always very nice and Dane and I wished her all the best!

Delicious chicken I made for dinner on Saturday!
Me putting Jimmy in his place in a chicken fight
Me holding the cat that lived on the property! She was very nice!