Blog #6

1. List ten specific ways in which your teaming approach has changed/ evolved since you started, teamwork skills you have developed, and lessons you have learned.
    1. Working with Belle and David allowed me to understand the importance of getting work done on time since we have a small group and if someone does not get their work done on time, then it impacts the entire team.
    2. Since we started our team approach has changed in that before, David and I would rely on Belle to do a lot of the heavy lifting since we did not have any background knowledge on growing mushrooms. However, now David and I are a bit more comfortable working by ourselves since we had first hand experience learning from Belle.
    3. Also, when we first started doing our presentations, Belle would answer a majority of the questions but now there is more even participation from all three of us.
    4. I have learned how to build/customize websites by working with the team since I had to put together our team website for the expos.
    5. I also have improved my video editing skills since I was in charge of editing our teams videos for the expos.
    6. I learned how to write a technical paper on our subject which is a very important skill set because now that I have to write engineering reports for my classes, it comes easier and is not that daunting of a task.
    7. An important lesson that I have learned, especially having transitioned online last semester is that it is critical to openly discuss any sort of issue that I am having with my team so that they can help me out.
    8. It is also critical that we can identify each team member’s strong suit and have them work in an area that they are comfortable with. I think our team does this pretty well now.
    9. I realize that seeking help from our advisor and other teams is important because when we ask questions and get another person’s/team’s perspective on something, it helps us better understand our issue and gives us different ideas on how to deal with the issue.
    10. Joining the GRO Mushrooms team not only helped me become a more structured/responsible person, it allowed me to interact with people that I never thought I would talk to.
  2. During spring 2020/ week 7, your team developed a Collaboration plan for your team clearly articulating your goals (Small g and Big G), Roles, Procedures and Relationships. Provide an updated collaboration plan 

Personal Goal:

Project Goal:

Our goal is to reach a steady state production level in Makeni that is able to provide mushrooms to markets across the city and be in enough supply to have everyone who wants to purchase them be able to do so. These mushrooms will be low cost and supplied year round to markets.

Roles:

Belle: leader/expert – relays information to new members and facilitates overall progress of the project, helps wherever is needed

David and Asgar: analyst/recorder – determine experiments needed to maximize the production process and progress the venture (David works with substrate, Asgar works with mycelium)

Jawara: implementer – turns our plans and ideas into tangible products that can be sold in the market

Khanjan: facilitator – monitors the team’s progress and provides guidance to the project team

Procedures:

Decision making: Our team is small so we consult each other about all of our decisions. As the expert, Belle usually provides the most information on our decisions but David and Asgar have learned much more over the year and can contribute much more to decisions.

Effective meetings: We meet once a week to discuss our weekly progression and plans for the coming week. Each of us take turns describing our progress and lessons learned to keep on the same page about the project.

Communication: We use GroupMe almost daily to talk to one another and communicate any successes or failures and support each other. Our response times are very fast and we are always able to help one another.

Relationships: Our team only consists of three members so it is very easy to work together and have team meetings. We are all like-minded and share a passion for our project, making our work together that much more enjoyable.