Fall 2020 Blog Post 12

Who am I?

I am the product of immigrants chasing “the American dream”, on my own pursuit of a dream that has been defined by their sacrifice. Drawing upon the experiences of my family is one of my biggest motivators and I feel much of my direction has been molded by them; as I reach a point in life where I am becoming more independent, I look to preserve and represent them wherever I go in life. I am passionate about my friends and like to maintain a small circle around me. I appreciate loyalty and I try to practice this trait in my service to others. I tend to be more reserved, however I get the most gratification from helping others with any issues they may have. I am hoping that after I leave Bethlehem, I can grow and learn about myself without the influences of being in my hometown and being around family. Maybe then, I will have a better answer about who I am. 

How am I going to change the world?

I believe the most important way I can change the world is through refining myself and how I build relationships with others. For a long time I used to believe that greatness was a measure of the individual and their strengths/accomplishments, but I have come to believe that great individuals often foster or allow others to see the greatness in themselves. The work I have accomplished in GSIF works towards this idea by empowering mothers through an entrepreneurial setting and though I have yet to see it come to reality, the satisfaction I have felt thus far trumps other projects I have been involved with. My personal and professional relationships thus are the most important drivers that may allow me to change the world in some capacity; as an individual actor I am limited, but by involving other like-minded people I can create the change we aspire to see in the world. At the moment I cannot offer an answer on what my change will be, however it will begin by trying to make the network around me working towards that goal great.

What would I like for my epitaph to read?

Everything that I’m not made me everything that I am.