Le Yang’s Blog post #3: Week Ending June 10, 2023

Corporate Social Responsibility:

This week, we watched a documentary that compared corporations to psychopaths and compared similar traits between the two. At first, I found it odd to name a corporation as a psychopath. However, we learned in class that the definition of a corporation can be a legal entity/person under the law. They can be personified, meaning that they have the rights of an individual and the amendments apply to corporations. After viewing the film, I wouldn’t view corporations as psychopaths, but rather just greedy. Yes, they want to make money and don’t account for the safety or well-being of the public, but deeming them psychopaths seems too far to me. It feels unfair because then would everyone working for the corporation be psychopaths?

Internship:

Mason and I continue to conduct research on increasing social media marketing strategy and how to drive profits. We created a presentation slide to highlight the different aspects of our upcoming project and its marketability of it. The purpose of the slides was to pitch this idea to potential investors. We also created a plan for our outreach phase. First, we would find other social media influencers/companies whose values and work align with ours. We would outreach to them on social media via direct message or email.  Through this collaboration of showcasing each other’s work, we can gain a better online presence and become more attractive to sponsors who could fund us. Additionally, we hope to reach out to The Bank of Sardinia, where our project, Casa Albini, is located.

Culture Immersion:

I was really able to dive into the sports culture of Italyas I visited San Siro Stadium to watch a game between AC Milan and Verona. My immediate reaction was how frenetic and energetic the fans are here. You would never be able to see this type of excitement in the united states unless it was a championship round. This game was the last regular season game for AC Milan. This game was also the one where Zlatan Ibrahimovic announced his retirement. What was really amazing is that the public didn’t know this was going to happen. He announced his retirement at the end of the game. Although I don’t know much about soccer, I have heard of Zlatan and knew he was one of the best to play the game.

San Siro Stadium, where AC Milan plays.

Clam spaghetti for lunch at Venice.
Rooftop view of the Duomo.