Sylvia Barbu’s Blog post #3: Week Ending June 10, 2023

This week in class, we watched the Corporation. The film discussed the roles of corporations within society and its negative impacts. Although it was made a few years ago, most of the topics hold true today. We were able to use those topics and spark interesting conversations about corporations today. One topic that we discussed was how corporations should respond to social issues. I think most of us agree that corporations nowadays tend to take a stance on big social issues because they feel pressure from consumers and employees. We debated whether or not a corporation’s public statements could be authentic. Corporations have such a loud voice within society and should use their power for good social change. I think this is such an important topic that we don’t talk about enough so I’m glad we spent class time discussing it.

This week at Krein, Ian and I continued our project from last time. With each week, we progress significantly and it’s amazing to see our work come to fruition. After finding companies and contacts to reach out to last week, we had our first few meetings with stakeholders. The conversations are going well and in the upcoming weeks we should have more and more meetings. In these meetings we discuss client wants and needs and we reflect as a team on how we can accomplish those goals. This project is constantly evolving, and we are learning on the go. I can’t wait to see what next will entail. Also, Ian and I got posted on the company LinkedIn, go check it out!

The weeks just keep getting better and better. My family from Romania flew in this past week to visit me. We explored Northern Milan, which is much less touristy and more locals in my opinion. We went to an authentic Italian restaurant where I had my first risotto Milanese. It was delicious! We explored the Sforzesco castle, which we walked through on our first day in Milan. There I did a tour and learned so much about the history of the city. Fun fact, Milan was once a floating city. Also, it was my first weekend in Milan, so I was able to walk along the canals and check out all the cool markets. They have such impressive stuff and great leather jackets. I learned that the last Sunday of every month there is a huge vintage designer flea market so I can’t wait to check that out soon!

Picnic at Como!

My first cappuccino!

Exploring Milan!