Sachi Williams Blog Post #5: Week Ending June 24, 2023

This week at South Garage, Will and I continued filming and editing Tik Toks. These Tik Toks are getting more and more specific as the weeks go on. Will is very into fashion and knows a lot about selvage denim. He was able to write a fantastic script for our boss to read and to do a voice-over in Italian with. I wrote a script about the Red Wing shoe industry and the background on them. We want our customers to understand how special the pieces of clothing are at South Garage. Will and I started brainstorming ideas for Sotuh Garage to use for their new membership club. I think it was really interesting to see our perspective on how we can improve their membership club versus South Garages’ perspective. In America, we have many membership clubs, such as Soho House, so we were able to use that for reference, while South Garage does not have many membership clubs to base their ideas on as they are not as popular in Italy.

This week in Professor Gupta’s class, we had many interesting discussions. Last week we watched a movie called A Civil Action. This movie was very eye-opening for me as I never understood the specifics surrounding civil court cases. I had no idea how much private law firms invested in cases out of their own pockets. It was also interesting to see how these large corporate companies are so unsympathetic toward its customers. In Monday’s class, we went through a series of questions that Professor Gupta provided for us. These questions brought up the discussion of whistleblowing. Professor Gupta asked the class whether or not we would Whistleblow if we knew our company was doing something wrong. I shared my answer with the class, which was no, I would never whistle blow, no matter the circumstances. This is because whistleblowing will ruin a person’s chances of working with another company again. While it is not impossible to get another job, Professor Gupta backed up my argument by describing what happened to his own friend, who was a whistle-blower. She makes an income now, describing her experience with whistleblowing, but she has never been hired again.

Last week, I traveled to Barcelona, Spain. I had never been to Spain before, so I was so excited to experience a new country and culture. Since we were only there from Friday night to Sunday night, we had a packed schedule. I stayed in a hostel for the first time, which was much better than I expected. It was really nice and felt very clean. The first night, we went to an amazing Tapas restaurant for dinner. We randomly found this restaurant, and I think it was the best food I have had this whole trip. We shared Sangria,] and my favorite dish was a truffle Spanish omelet. The next day, we woke up early and explored the city. We had an amazing brunch at Brunch & Cake. I had the best matcha latte I have ever had. We roamed the city and then had an aperativo all together. Sam and I had Aperol spritzes. Later that night, I had seafood paella for dinner, along with another Aperol spritz. Later that night, we saw DJ John Summit perform at a club called Pacha. It was so cool to listen to such an amazing artist live. The next morning, we had brunch and then went on a boat for the day. Before our flight, we went to Honest Greens, which had such fresh food. Our flight got delayed, and we ended up getting back to Milan at 5 a.m. Although I was so tired on Monday morning, I have no regrets about packing so many activities into one weekend.

This is a Mediterranean bowl that I got an Honest Greens. I got this order recommendation from Sams’s friend, Donya.
Amazing seafood Paella and an Aperol Spritz of course!
Brunch at Brunch&Cake. I got the amazing avocado toast in the bottom left corner.
A photo of me on the beautiful streets of Barcelona.
A photo of the Sangria we had at an amazing tapas restaurant. It had two secret ingredients!