Week 15 – Fall 2020

• I currently don’t know “who” I am yet,  because I am still in the process of discovering what I believe I’m meant to do with my life as well as finding out the things I define myself by. I have some things I value such as my family, my friends, and morals such as treating people kindly, etc. but overall, I don’t have a strong sense of self. I do think that I should define myself by my relationships and experiences because in my opinion, a person is distinguished by these connections. People are different because of what they go through and how they decide to view the experiences they go through. I haven’t experienced that many things yet so if I had to answer this question, I would lack things to describe myself with.
  • I want to change the world in regards to problems of poverty and violence. The positive impact that I hope to have on the world is to alleviate some of this in my community. There are high rates of homelessness where I live especially with displaced Natives who have trouble affording the high prices of living due to the economy which is catered to the tourism industry. I would like to be able to do something to fix this problem even if I would only be able to provide a small amount of impact. At the very least, I might even impact others to focus on the issue and try to change the systems which are causing the problem.
  • “Born with a penchant for laughter, she lit up the lives of those around her.”
    • I think it would be nice to have an epitaph that described the way I lived my life and what kind of impression I left on the people I was involved with. A lot of my life is centered around my family and friends so I would want to have it stated that I was remembered by them as a person who lived happily and helped others live happily too.