What are the qualities of a maker educator? What are the steps to achieve this goal?
- Keep it brief – Use prompts instead of teacher led-cookie cutter curricula
- Reward curiosity – Take progress and insert learning. It is ok to fail and start over!
- Keep it safe – foster a welcoming space that value new ideas and creativity
- Model the maker mindset – be willing to co-learn and take risks
- Act like a scientist – use images, self reflections and portfolios to document the learning that is taking place. Ask for feedback from your colleagues