Week 6: International Affairs

This past week I was out absent from class due to an illness. I am trying my best on this blogpost, but it may not be as fleshed out as previous blog posts.

Next presentation something that our group will do better will be…

1. Practice earlier as a group; make sure our whole group is in sync
  2. Practice my slides earlier so that I know them backwards and forward so I don’t freeze up or black out or get frazzled when I talk in front of everyone; this comes from confidence and practice
  3. We can speak more into the open and project our voices more
  4. We need to allocate more roles to everyone in the group so that the speaking parts are equal
  5. Chris spoke a lot last presentation so we need to make sure that he’s not feeling over burdened with the questions; we all need to make a conscious effort to try and answer the questions
  6. We should put less background on the presentation and make it more solution oriented
  7. Add more validation behind the decisions that we’re making – why we are making this decision not necessarily how we’re making the decisions
  8. Add more business model to the presentation
  9. Add more clarity between the slides; better transition slides
  10. Make the presentation more solution oriented; goes into less background during the presentation itself. (This in particular will definition change next presentation because we won’t need to introduce our product anymore.)

Our project definitely needs IRB approval because we will be working with children and testing the food products on them. Because of this, our IRB approval plan is first, completing the online training. This needs to be done ASAP because of how long it takes for the IRB to process. Then, as part of our GELH grant, we need to meet with Ms. Amanda to discuss our future plans and I believe part of that meeting we set up with her includes talking about our IRB plans and the steps that we need to take going forward.

A Logic Model for our venture is continuing to refine the muffin recipe as well as creating new recipes to try out. Additionally, continuing to work on the business model to ensure that it’s the most effective it can be so we’re maximizing nutrients, efficiency, and profits for the Sierra Leone markets while maintaining a sense of affordability. Then obviously there needs to be a sense of implementation, we can’t make a plan without implementing it. There’s a lot of a factors that need to be considered.