Parklets are low-cost, high-impact neighborhood improvements. If you like what you see on Broad Street and imagine a parklet could improve another Lehigh Valley city block, there are a number of things you can do right now to help make that vision a reality. Get started below:
Where would you place a parklet in the Lehigh Valley?
Placement is key to developing a vibrant public parklet, and we want to hear what you think about where the next Lehigh Valley parklet should go. Below, you can preview current parklet placement, past placement. You can even add your own suggestions to the map below by following these directions:
- Click “View Larger Map” icon in the top right corner.
- Click “Edit” on the left-hand menu.
- Navigate the map until you locate where you want to place a suggestion.
- Click “Add Marker” (located below the search bar on top of map).
- Give the marker a name and describe why this would be a good location.
- Click “Save” and you’re done. Future visitors will now see your suggestion.
Design a Parklet
Feeling Creative? Let your imagination run wild. Many parklets are designed by concerned citizens who simply feel like something needs to change. Print the template below and draw your ideal parklet (fun for kids and adults alike). Once you’re finished, share your design with us on Instagram or Facebook. Don’t forget to tag it (#parklet).