Professional interests: Client Services, Google Apps, library/computing instruction, virtual reference, green IT, information/learning commons, writing, editing.
- BA in Psychology, Purdue University 1984
- MLS, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1989
- Completed two years of graduate work in psychology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1984-1986
- Completed 24 credits toward a master’s degree in technical writing, 1994-1995, Miami University in Oxford, Ohio
- Graduate coursework in women’s studies, systems analysis, graphic design while at Miami University
- Google Certified Trainer
- ITIL Certification (expected Oct. ’16)
- Lehigh University, 1998 to present (Student and General Services Team Leader)
- North Carolina State University Libraries, 1996-1998 (worked as social sciences bibliographer)
- Miami University Libraries 1989-1996 (worked as reference librarian, systems librarian, Assistant to the Dean of Libraries)
- Google Docs/Drive for Collaboration
- Google Calendar
- Google Sites
- SIGUCCS, 2012. Green Computing presentation, co-presented with Steve Lewis.
- SIGUCCS, 2011. It’s not easy being green (Papercut for printing management). Co-presented with Steve Sakasitz.
- PALA Presentation, May 20, 2003. The Virtual Reference Desk “for the rest of us,” with Jenne Heise, DeSales University.
- Kimmel, Stacey, and Heise, Jenne (2003). Editors, special issue of Internet Reference Services Quarterly on digital reference services. In Press.
- Kimmel, Stacey, and Heise, Jenne (2001). Being There: Online Synchronous Reference Software. Online, November 25 (6), p. 45-53.
- Kimmel, Stacey. Interdisciplinary Education: A Guide to Resources. The College Board: NY. 1999.
- Kimmel, Stacey E. WWW search tools in reference services. (robots, search engines, metasearch engines, etc.) The Reference Librarian no57 (’97) p. 5-20
- Kimmel, Stacey E.; DiMarco, Scott R. Planning an interview: what do candidates want?. College & Research Libraries News no4 (Apr. ’97) p. 249-50+
- Kimmel, Stacey E. Robot-generated databases on the World Wide Web. Database (Weston, Conn.) v. 19 (Feb./Mar. ’96) p. 40-3+
- Sessions, Judith A. (Judith Ann), Lee, Hwa-wei, and Kimmel, Stacey E. OhioLINK: technology and teamwork transforming Ohio libraries. Wilson Library Bulletin v. 66 (June ’92) p. 43-5
- Kimmel, Stacey E. Teaching third-year medical students to search MEDLINE. Medical Reference Services Quarterly v. 8 (Fall ’89) p. 69-76
- Kimmel, Stacey E. THESIS: Search strategy formulation for online searching : a study of medical students learning to search.OTHER
- Louis & Helen Zirkel Library Staff Award, Lehigh University, 1999SOFTWARE
- Google apps, Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop, PageMaker, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite, UNIX (intermediate user, not sysadmin).