April 14 2019

Digital Design Log #11

For this week’s task, my partner and I decided to use Google sites to create our learning management system. Before this week, I didn’t even know that Google offered this type of tool (which after learning about it, doesn’t surprise me one bit since Google has everything..). That being said, this was my first time using Google sites and I found it to be very easy to understand as a beginner. You can easily customize the site to fit any needs of your audience by incorporating videos, text, pictures and any google suite tool (docs, slides, sheets, forms, charts, maps, etc..). I really enjoyed designing the site and would love the chance to explore it further and even try to develop a Canvas site. I think learning management systems online are very unique because depending on how its organized and developed, it can appeal to a wide variety of groups/audiences and can be tailored in an engaging & meaningful way. As always, it’s important to evaluate the needs of your learners first to find a learning environment that enhances their understanding. Going into this program, I was nervous about taking online courses because in the past, I have not found them to be rewarding or engaging in any way.  However, after taking two online courses now, I’ve learned that it truly depends on how the course is designed that makes all the difference. Collaborating with my peers, working on hands-on activities, watching videos, and having choices about the material I engage in really impacts my learning in a positive way.

Posted April 14, 2019 by jeb717 in category Uncategorized