CINQ 388 Blog #5

1. List ten things that make you feel human.

1. Love
  2. Failure
  3. Family
  4. Hope
  5. Fear
  6. Vulnerability/Sickness
  7. Food
  8. Want/Desires
  9. Sleep
  10. Tasks

2. Articulate your philosophy of engagement as it pertains to your work with the GSIF / LVSIF. Specifically discuss:

The environment is a possession of all living beings on Earth. However, resources are wasted, air is polluted, habitats are destroyed by us. I always wonder what will the environment be like in ten years, twenty years, or fifty years when its already so bad now? I would think about ones I love, especially my five years old brother and future generations. What can I do to make sure they can enjoy what I have enjoyed as I grew up? This is one of the reasons that motivates me to learn more about environmental controls and remediation. First, I must learn about the background information and have a good understanding of the issue through in-depth research. For example, my team, Air Quality, need to understand the culture and lifestyle of residents in Kazakhstan in order to develop a suitable solution. Then, I must experiment with my solution to ensure it able to fulfill its tasks, where my team needs to make sure the App that we are developing can succeed in providing air pollution precautions. I want to work with anyone who is interested to participate, especially ones with strong qualifications and determination for the subject. Since current societal/environmental issues are overwhelming, it is important to take it piece by piece and provide direct solutions. We can overcome these difficulties with determination and perseverance. In my early years, I was seen with little expectations, particularly after I moved to United States. My relatives just expects me to work in a Chinese restaurant or go to a local community college at best. They told me I couldn’t go to college because they are uneducated and didn’t know how to help. So I worked hard and studied continuously, and I did it. I hope to achieve the same in my future career. My epitaph might be “You won’t know if you can do it until you actually try it.” I believe the outcome is never determined unless one have tried their best. If the outcome is unfavorable, then learn from it and try again.