We encourage you to promote and share the Soaring Together website at lehigh.edu/soaringtogether
The site includes the following information and features. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions and suggestions.
Alumni Bulletin. Profiles of five women who experienced Lehigh in the past five decades since the start of undergraduate coeducation. They include:
- Susan Sachs ’77. She served as president and COO of Common Sense Media Inc. until 2011. She is a media consultant for startup internet companies, advising on financing strategies and business plans. She lettered in four varsity sports and can tell the story of women athletics being developed as the campus accepted women. From San Francisco.
- Sherrie Blevins Green ’84. She is a program manager with the National Science Foundation, and her husband Barry Green with NASA. She went on to mentor scores of younger people in the sciences. Lives in Cheltenham, Md.
- Jennifer Gentile Long ’93. Director of AEquitas: The Prosecutors’ Resource on Violence Against Women. She heads a global project with a mission to improve the quality of justice in sexual violence and has worked with Dan Lopresti on human trafficking issues. Her father graduated 40 years before she did from Lehigh. Lives in Franklin Lakes, N.J.
- Hetal Jani’ 05, founder of SPEAK, a mentorship program for immigrant girls. Helped start a diverse Indian fusion dance group on campus to introduce diversity. From New York.
- Whitney Levine ’10, Works at Slack; was president of the Lehigh chapter of the Society of Women Engineers and very involved with CHOICES program for girls to help develop skills/interests in STEM. From New York.
News features. A feed of stories about accomplished Lehigh women and other news and topics related to the celebration.
Upcoming events. From the University Calendar, this section pulls in all events that mention Soaring Together in title or description
My Soaring Together Story blog. An invitation to all alumni and friends to share their memories and reflections on coeducation at Lehigh and the impact of Lehigh women. Submit stories or read those offered by others.
Defining Moments. A feature section highlighting turning points in Lehigh’s history of coeducation and what has been made possible as a result.
Trailblazing Women of Lehigh gallery. A showcase of portraits and stories of Lehigh women.
Projects. Section highlighting projects and programs around the university. Email email@example.com with suggestions of additions.
Resources. Areas and departments at Lehigh connected to Lehigh women, gender, diversity, and more.